The public meeting scheduled for March 18th @ 6:00 PM to discuss the upcoming Lawrence Avenue & Carlton Street road reconstruction projects has been CANCELLED. Please click below to read the notice:
Lawrence Avenue & Carlton Street Road Reconstruction
The City of Zeeland will be reconstructing Lawrence Avenue (from the dead end to Lee Street) and Carlton Street (from Main Avenue to Washington) in 2020. Improvements include:
- Street reconstruction
- Replace storm sewer, water main & sanitary sewer
- Sidewalk construction
- Historic-style street lighting
- Side pathway on Washington Avenue
- Bid Opening - January 30, 2020
- 2nd Public Meeting - March, 2020
- Construction - April - September (approximately 2 months per street)
Carlton Street Project Updates as of May 27, 2020
- Sanitary sewer is done
- 16" water main should be done this week, with testing the following week
- Storm sewer will be done when water main is being tested
- Water main tie ins will be done the following week
- ZBPW planning to install wires the week of June 15. Conduits crossing Carlton to be installed prior to ZBPW starting
- Concrete work to start in mid-June.
Click here to view a presentation on both of these projects.
Improvements are being made all around the City. If you have questions, comments or concerns about any project in the City, please do not hesitate to contact us at 616-772-0870 or by email. We are here to serve.
Proposed Projects & Improvements
- Downtown Snowmelt
The City of Zeeland is currently looking at the possibility of installing snowmelt to some downtown areas. View Snowmelt Study.
- Non-Motorized Pathway Plan
Non-Motorized Pathway Plan-FINALIZED
- Transportation Study Implementation Matrix
The City of Zeeland recently engaged the services of a professional transportation engineer to evaluate a number of transportation issues within the City of Zeeland. For information on the recommended changes and implementation time frame please click here.